Paul, the legendary North American product evangelist, was sent to France for a week to train the 5 top French technical presales folks.
Paul emphasized three points:
1) Project full belief in the new product as a killer app.
2) Exude enthusiasm
3) Stress the fun of the product to minimize justified criticism
The French folks were to undergo three days of training.
Paul went home to Baltimore after day two and “shot off” an email that there is a morale problem in the French office, which over analyses and critiques the product more than the competition.
8,708 total views
I also publish a humorous blog about post modern HR: ramsbottom-lemieux.blogspot.co.il
1) Use the term “business partner” twice daily. If you did not study the business, use the term 4 times a day,
2) Deny that “business partner” means firing people by the dozen, kissing the boss’s rear end and becoming a sycophant .
3) Become a profit center. You issue a weekly news letter? Sell it to your avid readers. You doing “outdoor training”. Charge the loosing team.
4) Define your core business. Is it “firing people”? Is it writing mission statements? Is it entertainment? Once you define it, become lean and mean. Fire locals and hire abroad.
5) Learn to text quickly. 500 words an hour whilst driving is sufficient.